Come work with us!
Job Title: Senior Business Operations Manager Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Pastor Date Revised: May 2019
Reporting Staff: All church business, administration and operations staff
Our church is seeking an experienced Senior Business Operations Manager to oversee the daily operations and manage both paid and volunteer church staff. This role will ensure that the diverse teams that run all church activities and services operate smoothly and in collaboration with each other, while maximizing financial and operational efficiency to drive a positive experience for all who interact with the church community.
The position will work closely and in partnership with the Senior Pastor, providing all administrative and operational leadership, in alignment with the church’s vision and strategic direction provided by the Senior Pastor.
The ideal candidate should possess strong communication, organizational and prioritization skills, financial and managerial skills, and be able to multitask as this role involves managing every aspect of the church business operations. The successful applicant will be adept at collaborating with different teams within the church, including members from a variety of cultures. We are growing and changing rapidly and have big goals for the future, so we’re looking for someone who’s ready to meet the challenges of the job and enable us to enjoy sustainable success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Senior Business Operations Manager position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed as a result to meet changing business needs.
• Manages daily operations of church facility (which includes a daycare operation), infrastructure, staff, and volunteer teams
• Manages all operational aspects of church services, classes and school
• Oversees all aspects of maintenance for the facility, equipment and grounds
• Works with Senior Pastor and board to provide budget, forecast and long term plan to meet future growth for all aspects of the facility & infrastructure needs
• Works with accounting firm and church board to ensure financial operations are efficient, resolves outstanding concerns and ensures good stewardship of annual budget
• Manages execution of annual budget (including payroll and monthly reporting) and manages purchases and expenses
• Assesses staff performance and provides ongoing training and development programs
• Mediates staff issues and facilitates communication between staff, volunteers and on-site day care teams
• Communicates with every department regularly to handle problems, identifies new opportunities and builds trust and transparency
• Represents the church at business meetings, with vendors and church visitors
• Manages all social media for the church, ministries, and school
• Partners with HR consulting firm to address employee questions and needs as they arise
· Experience managing operations for a small/medium business, non-profit organization or church
· Proficiency with purchase order management, budget management and facility management
· 5+ years of experience as an Operations Manager
· 3+ Years supervisory experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
· Solid organizational, communication and negotiation skills
· Detailed planning and time-management skills
· Financial skills to include budgeting, procurement, payroll and monthly reporting
· Be in agreement with Redmond AG's stated mission, goals and beliefs
· Actively living the life of a follower of Christ (references from a pastor and church community will be requested)
Final list of roles is still being finalized. Includes all business, administration, facilities and operational staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and regularly talk/hear, and occasionally required to reach, stand, walk, lift, and perform repetitive motions. In this position, you must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. The employee is also required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, and/or viewing a computer terminal. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.