The purpose of this position is twofold. For the intern, this is to be a learning opportunity through relational ministry to the youth of Redmond AG and their families. The intern ministry provides the chance for interns to gain practical ministry training, to work in an atmosphere of personal and professional guidance and support, to test their gifts and call to vocational ministry, and to develop spiritually and theologically. For Redmond AG, this is an opportunity for us to invest in our value of equipping leaders for ministry through intentional partnership and relationship.
The Youth Ministry Intern will be accountable to the Intern Ministry Director.
· The overall objective is to present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to youth and to encourage them in their spiritual growth through discipleship. Focusing on relationships and identifying and building “cadre” groups for the new season of youth ministry starting September.
Specific activities may include
· Develop relationships with youth, parents, and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, mail, texts, e-mail, and phone.
· Actively participate in regular congregational worship.
· Meet weekly with Intern Ministry Director for mentoring (possibly as an intern group)
· Assist the Family Ministry Director in planning and executing, “Cadre” grouping and a few special events.
· Maintain personal, spiritual and professional growth.
· Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the world.
· Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
· Ability to verbally articulate personal faith and a biblical world-view.
· It is preferred that applicants have finished their freshman year of college, however applicants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
20 hours per week for a minimum of 10-week assignment, anticipated dates June 30th, 2019 (negotiable) through Sept 7th, 2019 (negotiable). Any dates when the intern would be unavailable should be discussed prior to the start date so that they can be factored into the internship plan.
$16. per hour minimum on a salary basis. There are no other benefits provided.
The Internship director will provide an assessment of performance during the internship at five weeks and the end of the assignment. Additional assessments will be provided in accordance with the intern’s academic institution requirements if the intern is receiving Field Experience credit.
APPLICATION DEADLINE July 15th, 2019 (position will remain open until filled)